A second-class honours degree, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications, such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma in Marketing.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
Whether you're already working in the industry or preparing to start your marketing career, our MA Marketing degree course will give you the practical experience and theoretical expertise you need to succeed.
On this course, you'll sharpen your marketing skills, improve your understanding of marketing principles and theories, and study effective marketing practice. You'll take your previous studies and experience to postgraduate level and graduate with a Master's degree that will help you stand out from the competition.
And you'll gain expert knowledge and provable skills that'll help you make ambitious moves in your career – whether you're starting out or preparing for more senior roles.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Learn from expert staff and visiting speakers, all with professional experience in marketing
- Explore marketing concepts and practices, marketing analysis and decision-making, and strategic marketing management
- Unpack contemporary issues, such as digital marketing and the impact of social media, sustainability, crisis management and the relationship between marketing and sales
- Apply live case studies to your coursework through our links with the industry
- Work in teams on the Market2win simulation software, and hone your strategic decision-making
- Develop your skills in critical appraisal, team working, debating, writing, research and presentation
- Complete your own research project on a subject of your choice
- Use the extensive facilities available in our library, including 24/7 access to electronic resources such as ejournals and newspapers
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the marketing industry.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
Marketing is a highly competitive field, but when you graduate from our MA Marketing degree course, you'll have the skills, credibility and confidence to stand out from the crowd and take on ambitious roles.
You'll be qualified to work in fields such as advertising, financial services, airlines, manufacturing, textiles and market research.
Other career opportunities include:
- Business development
- Direct marketing
- Digital marketing
- Marketing communications
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 023 9284 2991