Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A second-class honours degree or equivalent, or sufficient evidence of both relevant work experience and academic potential to achieve the award.
Months of entry
If you're ready to build on your business and management skills and eager to develop the skills you need for a successful career in project management, then our MSc Project Management degree course is for you.
On this programme, you'll take your studies to postgraduate level and get to grips with the principles and practice of project management. You'll study strategic and practical approaches in different business environments and understand how the influence of successful project management on any organisation.
When you graduate, you'll have all the tools you need to contribute to the effectiveness of a business as a project manager.
What you'll experience
On this course, you'll:
- Study key themes in the field, including Budgets and Commercial Management, People Management and Risk, and Project Investigation and Systems Methods
- Take part in live web-based chat forums, where you can discuss your work with lecturers and other students
- Hear from guest speakers, who will share their experience and advice as practising project managers
- Complete a dissertation on a related topic of your choice
- Have 24/7 access to our Library’s electronic book, journal and database collections
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your project management skills to work.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
You'll graduate from this course with the ability to lead, or be part of, a team undertaking strategic projects, from initiation through to completion.
You'll have the skills for a successful career as a senior project manager in the commercial sector.
What can you do with a Project Management degree
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
- project management
- project planning
- product development
- public sector management
- infrastructure planning and implementation
- naval and Aerospace construction industries
- doctorate level study in project management
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12-15 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
1 year full-time (September intake), 15 months full-time (January intake)
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 023 9284 2991