An honours degree or equivalent in any academic subject and an appreciation of the HRD/training management function. Applicants with appropriate work experience and a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Level 3 or 5 qualification will be considered. Professional experience and/or equivalent qualification may be considered. Applicants may be subject to interview.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
If you're a HR and training professional looking for a course that lets you put your new learning into practice right away, our PgDip Human Resource Development and Training Management course is for you.
This work-based learning programme will give you with the skills and knowledge you need for a career in strategic, tactical and operational Human Resource Development (HRD). If you're already working as a manager, you'll learn how to manage HRD within the wider human resources and business context.
You'll graduate with fresh skills, techniques and practices to take on ambitious roles in HR consultancy, HR management, as a training professional, or to seek promotion opportunities. You could also continue your studies.
What you'll experience
- Get a professionally-recognised Level 7 CIPD qualification
- Study at your own pace for up to four years, with flexibility to fit your studies around your job
- Gear the course to meet the requirements of your current workplace, so that both you and your employer benefit
- Learn about the key themes in HRD, including Training, Learning and Talent Development; Consultancy, Coaching and Mentoring; Leadership and Management Skills, and the Training Manager in the Business Context
- Use our comprehensive online resources, including e-books, databases, journals and study skills resources
- Be supported by qualified and enthusiastic academic staff, through a combination of face-to-face contact, telephone, email and virtual learning
Work experience and career planning
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work as an HRD specialist.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
We're an Approved Centre for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), so when you graduate from the Human Resource Development and Training Management PgDip, you'll be eligible for Associate Membership of the CIPD, and depending on your previous experience, you could meet the criteria for Chartered Membership. The CIPD is the world's largest internationally-recognised Chartered HR and development professional body.
You'll also have strong people management and HR-specific skills, you'll be able to reflect on your practice, and be ready to make an active contribution to business performance.
Career opportunities include:
- HRD specialist
- HR manager
- Training manager
- Training consultant
- Benefits analyst
- Human resource management (HRM)
- Human resource officer
- Human resource systems manager
- Personnel adviser
- Recruitment consultant
- Training and development coordinator
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
2-4 years part-time
Course contact details
- 023 9284 2991