A second class honours degree or equivalent in any academic subject and seeking to pursue / continue a HR career. Applicants with appropriate work experience and a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Level 3 or 5 qualifications will be considered. Applicants may be subject to interview.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
If you're already working in Human Resources and have ambitious plans for your career, an MSc or PgDip Human Resource Management qualification can give you the skills, knowledge and postgraduate qualification you need to get ahead.
On this course, you'll develop your existing HR skills and knowledge, and grow your leadership and management skills too. You'll put the theory you learn into practice, and when you graduate, you'll have met the requirements for CIPD HR Professional Map at Advanced Level 7.
What's more, your MSc or PgDip can help you move up the ladder in your current workplace, and open doors to exciting new roles elsewhere. And you'll have transferrable skills too, so you can explore careers in recruitment or business development.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Get to grips with the key themes in HR management, covering leadership and management skills, talent management, and employment relationships
- Complete a work placement in an HR environment, where you'll get valuable experience and put theory into practice
- Learn though lectures, case studies, group work and skills development workshops, where you'll contribute to managerial and HR-based activities
- Benefit from our flexible approach to learning, with web, email and phone access to many of our facilities
- Engage with HRM specialists and legal professionals
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your HR skills to work.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
We're an Approved Centre for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), so you'll graduate from this course with an approved qualification which meets the requirements of the CIPD HR Professional Map at Advanced Level 7. You'll also be eligible for Associate membership of the CIPD, and depending on your previous experience, you could meet the criteria for Chartered Membership.
You'll also have strong people management and HR-specific skills, you'll be able to reflect on your practice, and be ready to make an active contribution to business performance.
Career opportunities include:
- Business development and consultancy
- Human resources
- Benefits analyst
- Human resource officer
- Human resource systems manager
- Personnel adviser
- Recruitment consultant
- Training and development coordinator
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Team
- 023 9284 2991