Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A second-class honours degree or equivalent in any academic subject and seeking to pursue/continue a HR career. Applicants with appropriate work experience and a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Level 3 or 5 qualifications will be considered.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
If you're working in HR and ready to make an ambitious next move in your career, our MSc International Human Resource Management degree course will develop your knowledge and skills to Master's level and help you stand out from the competition.
On this course, you'll improve your knowledge of HR in an international context. You'll learn about the globalisation of business and its effect on the HR industry, and explore why HR measures that are effective in one country can fail in another, even within the same organisation.
When you graduate, you'll have the skills to manage people across borders, and to handle cross-cultural issues in international HR. And because these skills are in demand in the HR industry and beyond, you'll be ready to advance your career in business development, recruitment, or training and development
- Be taught in multi-national classes, benefitting from the diverse backgrounds, academic profiles and work experiences of other students
- Take part in skills development workshops, where you'll contribute to managerial and HR based activities
- Study HR and professional skills, human resources management (HRM), and international HR
- Complete a strategic research project on a topic of your choice, integrating theory and practice that are beneficial to your career
- Benefit from a flexible approach, with web, email and phone access to many of our facilities.
- Access the library's electronic journals, resources and database collections
- Have the chance of being selected for an HR-related placement, arranged by the Faculty, within a Portsmouth-based company
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
We are an Approved Centre for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). When you graduate, you'll be eligible for Associate Membership of the CIPD, and depending on your previous experience, you may also meet the criteria for Chartered Membership. The CIPD is the world's largest internally-recognised Chartered HR and development professional body.
The international focus of this course will give you a greater understanding of global business and improve your chances of securing work internationally, or with an international organisation.
Once you've graduated, you can pursue a career in:
- Human resources
- Business development and consultancy
- Training and Development
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
Course contact details
- 023 9284 2991