A postgraduate level qualification or equivalent in an appropriate management related subject. All applicants require a minimum of three years relevant business and management experience. Evidence of recent Continuing Professional Development or leadership experience in a relevant area of business and management/management science will also be considered. All shortlisted applicants are subject to interview.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
Our Professional Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) is our flagship programme in business and management. It's designed for private and public sector management professionals- typicaly at a senior or executive level- who want to advance their careers through a doctoral degree,while continuing their career..
When you join our DBA course, you'll experience an intensive taught phase before conducting applied, work-based research that deals with topics that are directly relevant to your organisation.
So as you learn, you'll develop your professional knowledge and skills to help solve concrete organisational problems in your current workplace – benefiting both your employers and your own career.
Find out more about this course and our facilities by attending one of our regular open evenings where you can meet teaching staff and current students.
WHAT WILL I EXPERIENCE?
The DBA offers students the opportunity to:
- Experience a unique approach to intellectual inquiry emphasizing the integration of theory and practice
- Conduct practice-oriented research
- Contribute to applied management knowledge
- Develop intellectually and personally as an individual, as an executive and as a contributor to the professional community
- Gain a prestigious doctoral degree achieved through a rigorous, structured and comprehensive educational experience
IS IT FOR ME?
Designed for those who wish to conduct a programme of research pertaining to their current organisation, study occurs alongside professional practice, providing a framework for the demonstration and development of advanced professional knowledge and skills. Relevance to the professional environment is a pivotal feature and reflection on business and management practice is integral to the learning process.
WHAT OPPORTUNITIES MIGHT IT LEAD TO?
The DBA is aimed at senior professionals with postgraduate qualifications who wish to:
- take their management and professional development to new levels
- add to their professional body of knowledge
- further develop their own management careers
The research focus of the DBA addresses real business issues, with the results providing professional outcomes that are of direct relevance to your organisation. Research is both theoretical and practical. The DBA thesis is comparable to a PhD in terms of effort, rigor, contribution to knowledge, supervision and assessment.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 023 9284 4888