A good honours degree in Psychology that is recognised by The British Psychological Society as conferring Graduate Basis for Chartered membership (GBC). All applicants subject to interview. All offers are subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance.
Months of entry
Why take this course?
Health and well-being is key thematic area for research and teaching in the University and its Department of Psychology. You will be taught by professionals with expert knowledge of the theory, practice and research in health psychology who include chartered, HCPC registered and research active psychologists.
This course is one of only a few in the UK that offer a credit-bearing placement working with either a healthcare professional or academic psychologist.
What will I experience?
On this course you can:
- Learn from experts in the field of health psychology, in small groups.
- Undertake a placement and achieve unique and valuable workplace experience, whilst supported by a placement tutor.
- Have access to our wide range of Research Suites and Laboratories and attend regular research seminars.
What opportunities might it lead to?
Many students undertaking an MSc Health Psychology choose to go on to their Stage 2 training to become a Chartered Health Psychologist. However, on completion of the course, you may also choose to:
- Work in the NHS or other health care related services – e.g. smoking cessation, health promotion, mental health, and chronic illness management
- Undertake research and/or teaching positions in Higher Education
- Do a PhD in a related area
- Join a clinical research organisation and become involved in setting up and carrying out research projects
- Gain a place on a clinical training course or other related training such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and IAPT (Increasing Access to Psychological Treatment)
Information for international students
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 7.0 with no component score below 6.0.
Fees and funding
Please see the fees and funding page for more details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details