A 2:2 honours degree in a Sport, Business or Management subject. Applicants who hold a non-related degree will be considered on a case-by-case basis. For those who do not hold a degree or relevant professional qualification, extensive experience together with evidence of scholarly ability will be required.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
If you're keen to take your career in sport further, getting a Master's qualification in Sports Management can add valuable expertise and skills to your portfolio that will help you lead, plan and deliver results in the industry.
On this MSc Sports Management degree course, you'll learn the theory and practice of sports management and build on your knowledge and understanding of sports science. You'll develop your leadership skills from a sports management context too.
And once you graduate, you'll have all the tools you need for a career in sports management and associated health and fitness industries.
What you'll experience
- Develop skills in people management and leadership
- Study topics such as the Sports Business Industry, and The Principles, Practice and Governance in Management
- Carry out research investigating issues within the sports management sector
- Have access to our library's electronic resources 24/7, including thousands of ejournals and newspapers
- Learn in our biomechanics, physiology, psychology and kinanthropometry labs, with professional facilities including:
- 3 climatic chambers for manipulating temperature, humidity and altitude
- an immersion pool
- a swimming flume
- an automated tracking system
- visual 3D software
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the sports management industry.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
It's estimated that the global sports industry is worth over £110 billion, and it's growing. When you graduate, you'll be qualified for a career in areas such as teaching, sports development, and the health and fitness sectors.
Our previous graduates have gone on to work for organisations including:
- National governing bodies
- Sports agencies
- Local authorities
- UK Sport
- Primary care trusts
- County Sports Partnership
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
1 year full time with mandatory work based learning element, 2 years part time with mandatory work based learning element
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 023 9284 5566