Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A first or a second-class honours degree in any discipline
English language proficiency at IELTS level 6.5 with no component score below 6.0 (or other acceptable proof), if English is not your first language
Months of entry
January, May, September
With the aid of this online programme, you’ll be equipped to realise your ambitions in setting up a new business and/or take your company to new levels of success. You’ll master the techniques and contemporary skills needed to establish yourself as a creative, proficient business leader.
This programme is designed to provide you with the in-depth knowledge and understanding required to become an entrepreneur, as well as effectively manage and drive innovation in an existing business.
You can expect to develop valuable expertise around opportunity recognition, product development, commercialisation, operational growth, strategic thinking, and more.
Through your studies, you’ll gain conceptual and analytical skills that can be applied to startups, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), and large businesses across the private and public sector.
Our academics have practical and/or academic experience in the fields of entrepreneurship and innovation management, so you’ll benefit from concrete, real-world lessons that can be immediately applied to your own career.
Join the next generation of business pioneers and foster a successful career in your industry of choice.
What you’ll study
On this course, you’ll:
- Master key innovation management and entrepreneurship frameworks to guide the development of constructive business policies and strategies
- Understand the internal and external factors that impact innovation within an organisation, including economic, social, environmental, and technological challenges
- Conduct detailed study into markets and customers, including the impact of market changes on a company, to better target products
- Learn about the financing of business operations, particularly around conducting financial assessments for new products and startups
- Entrepreneurship Theory (30 credits)
- Innovation Management (30 credits)
- Managing New Product Development (30 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Business Venturing (30 credits)
- Research Methods and Dissertation (60 credits)
How you're assessed
All assessments for this course are based on coursework submitted online. Your performance is assessed through projects such as:
- Oral presentations
- Written assignments
- A dissertation
You'll also receive formal and informal tutor feedback to help you improve future work.
Career prospects and opportunities
Our MSc Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship will facilitate the personal, professional, and academic development you need to innovate in your existing role or while starting a new business.
Just as crucially, the practical expertise and interpersonal capabilities you can expect to gain will allow you to confidently adapt and apply your knowledge to the changes and challenges of real-world business operations.
With the additional support you can receive from our excellent Careers and Employability Service, these abilities will help make you a highly competitive hire for organisations across different industries, sectors, and regions.
Upon graduation you’ll also join our Alumni Association and get to network with accomplished professionals from across the world. As a member of this global community, you’ll be able to forge connections that can create new opportunities for your career and your place of work.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- University Admissions Centre
- +44 (0)23 9400 3692