Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A second-class honours degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent professional experience.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
On this MSc Information Systems (with Professional Experience) degree course, you'll combine a placement or professional experience with taught modules that develop your skills in the management of information systems. You'll see how you can apply information systems tools in emerging technologies and start-ups and get experience in web product design and development.
When you complete the course successfully, your Master's degree and professional experience could lead to career opportunities in areas such as business analysis, information security and systems analysis.
On this Master of Science in Information Systems course you'll:
- Take part in professional experience activities, or in a placement, putting what you learn on the course to work in industry
- Get experience in web product design and development including user experience design and programming languages
- Develop an understanding of the foundations of information systems and technology
- Learn about advanced information systems management including the tools and methodologies of project management
- Learn techniques for the management of IT networks and databases
- Develop the analytical skills and technical knowledge you need to succeed in your information systems career
- Study in our School of Computing and engage with emerging technologies, enterprise in start-ups, and information security
- Get experience with network and database tools
- Experience lectures led by active researchers and experienced professionals with teaching that covers the latest industry trends and developments
- Learn about current industry practice and available job opportunities from guest speakers
- Take part in field trips to apply your learning and find out how emerging technologies are used in industry
- Learn soft and transferable skills suitable for any role, such as critical thinking, communication (written and presentation skills), working with peers, developing initiative and enterprise skills
The information systems field is growing with the emergence of new technologies and swift changes in company goals. This Master's degree in Information Systems gives you the understanding and practice to significantly improve your career prospects.
Importantly, you'll have the opportunity to get experience of working in the industry on a professional experience module. You'll apply your learning in areas such as database management, information systems and web product development. This gives you an advantage over other graduates, who may understand theory but not practice, when you apply for jobs.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work. You can get help, advice and support from our Careers and Employability service for up to 5 years after you leave the University as you advance in your career.
Previous graduates have gone on to work in areas including:
- Business analysis
- Project management
- Systems analysis
- Business intelligence
- Information security
Roles our graduates have taken on include:
- Business analyst
- Systems analyst
- Project manager
- Software developer
- Database administrator
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions team