Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
An honours degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics subject.
All applicants to the Degree Apprenticeship courses must have an acceptable Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics. Acceptable qualifications include GCSE with grade C/4 or above and Functional Skills with Pass - please note that we are not able to accept all kinds of Level 2 qualifications, so if you are unsure whether you have a suitable qualification please get in touch. If you do not have an acceptable qualification you may be required to take an additional assessment during the application process.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 5.5.
Months of entry
January, April, September
- Achieve a postgraduate diploma (PgDip) while earning a salary
- Gain eligibility to register as a Chartered Engineer
- Enjoy flexible study and a 'blended' approach to learn that minimises time away from the workplace.
- Have the opportunity to specialise in your chosen engineering discipline, for example, research and development, engineering management or product support.
- Become a more capable, confident engineer with the ability to: effectively manage the different phases of engineering projects; reflect on your own actions and decisions; become an independent lifelong learner
- Gain the skills, knowledge and behaviours required for career advancement
- Develop business and analytical skills alongside practical engineering knowledge
- Learn from staff who have professional experience in various engineering disciplines and links with employers and professional engineering institutions
- Get a learning manager from the University and a workplace mentor
- Tap in to our Library’s electronic resources, which you can access from anywhere with a Web connection
- Have access to the University's student support services and community including study support and the Students’ Union
- Work at your own pace, in your own time, in any location, with interactive online learning materials
- Take part in live Web-based chat forums to discuss your work with lecturers and other students
Fees and funding
For more information, please visit the course page: https://www.port.ac.uk/study/courses/pgdip-engineering-competence-distance-learning-degree-apprenticeship
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time30 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Part-time by distance learning with optional campus based element
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 023 9284 8599