Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A second-class honours degree (or equivalent, including professional qualifications), not necessarily in a business related subject, plus at least 3 years of work experience at a professional or managerial level. Alternatively, applicants without formal qualifications, but with a minimum of 5 years of management experience, are welcome to apply. Applicants may be subject to interview and/or be asked to submit a portfolio in support of their application.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0
Months of entry
This part-time MBA Strategic Leadership course for working professionals prepares you for senior leadership and management roles in private, public and third-sector organisations.
As well as developing your leadership, management and entrepreneurial capabilities, you’ll build expertise in key business areas such as corporate communications, financial management, business strategy and change management. You’ll network and share ideas with peers from other industries and immediately apply what you learn in your current role, boosting your performance and increasing your impact.
Graduates can apply for Chartered Manager status through the CMI (Chartered Management Institute) following completion of the programme.
Degree apprenticeship option
You can do this Strategic Leadership MBA as a degree apprenticeship. If you choose this option, you'll attend University on day release from your job and your employer and the Government pay your tuition fees.
What will I Experience?
On this MBA course, you'll:
- Link theory and research to management practice by applying what you learn to your current role and workplace
- Learn from staff with research and consultancy experience, and links with industry
- Work on an applied project to deliver practical value for your own organisation (or another) by analysing a challenge or opportunity and providing useful recommendations
- Hone your analytical and research skills and bring together your knowledge and learning by doing an integrated strategy project
- Use your Applied Learning Portfolio to demonstrate how you’re applying new knowledge and behaviours in a work-based context
- Learn from industry experts while expanding your network with guest lectures and business events sponsored by the Faculty of Business and Law
- Explore opportunities and hear from talent management experts at our Enterprise and Employability Week events, professional networking events and job fairs
- Tap into our Library’s vast selection of electronic resources, which are available 24/7 and include access to thousands of e-journals
- Get access to Chartered Management Institute (CMI) materials throughout the course, including useful articles and scenarios
Careers and Opportunities
When you graduate, you'll have the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to fulfil your career ambitions, in your current company and beyond.
Recruiters for roles that require specialist knowledge or research skills, including senior leadership roles and business consultancy, particularly target those with higher level qualifications such as the MBA.
Previous MBA graduates have progressed to roles including:
- chief executive
- global director
- general manager
- programme manager
- business consultant
- finance director
Other graduates have used their entrepreneurial skills to start up businesses as well.
You can apply through the ‘qualified route' to become a Chartered Member (CMg MCMI) or a Chartered Fellow (CMgr FCMI), depending on your experience, when you complete the course.
You can review and refine your career plans throughout the programme with support from course tutors, and Careers and Employability staff. Careers and Employability team can support you with starting and growing a business.
After you leave the University, you can continue to get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability team as you advance in your career.
Information for international students
If you're from outside of the UK, you can apply directly to us (above) or you can get an agent to help with your application. Check your country page for details of agents in your region. To find out what to include in your application, head to the how to apply page of our international students section.
If you don’t meet the English language requirements for this course yet, you can achieve the level you need by successfully completing a pre-sessional English programme before you start your course.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 02392 842991