A minimum of a second-class honours degree in a relevant subject such as Journalism or Broadcasting, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
Months of entry
Why take this course?
This course will equip you for the demands of the modern newsroom. This requires journalists not just to possess traditional writing skills, but also to be familiar with the latest technology.
MSc Broadcast Journalism enables you to choose your own pathway:
- As a journalist graduate who wishes to specialise in a number of technical aspects of TV and broadcast and presenting
- As a graduate from Humanities and Social Science backgrounds wishing to express your ideas in recognised TV and broadcast formats
- As a television and broadcasting graduate wishing to develop your media practice to a higher level
What will I experience?
On this course you will experience:
- Industry-like production news days, broadcasting in collaboration with the Faculty TV channel (CCITV) and the community radio station (Express FM) situated within the Faculty
- Immersion in radio and television news through a mix of hands-on practical classes, workshops, seminars, presentations, live broadcasts, essays and independent study
- Working with Industry Partners on live broadcasts from a professional newsroom
What opportunities might it lead to?
You will develop strong academic, creative and technical abilities. As a result, you will have the skills to work in various areas of the current broadcast journalism industry or as part of the wider creative industries – e.g. as a video journalist, producer (radio, TV), editor, sub-editor, journalist, production manager, presenter, reporter, news commentator or researcher.
As a graduate of this programme you will be well placed to pursue the following career routes:
- broadcast journalism
- video journalism
- TV studio work (gallery, studio) – presenting/reporting
- research and development in TV
- production management
- online journalism
Information for international students
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details