A minimum of a second-class honours degree in a Computing or Information Technology subject or an art-based subject with a significant information technology component, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications. An online portfolio submission may be required as part of the selection process. English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
Why take this course?
This course will appeal to those who want to pursue a career within the mobile industry or within other industries where mobile technologies are becoming pervasive.
The mobile industry (phones and tablets) has spread faster than any other industry globally, because mobile phones also offer computing capabilities alongside communication.
What will I experience?
On this course you can:
- Get to grips with the cutting-edge, industry-standard software housed in our computer and multimedia laboratories
- Benefit from online learning – work at your own pace and from any location
- Apply your skills to real-life practical problems as part of the departments partnership scheme with charities, local and global organisations
What opportunities might it lead to?
Key players within the TV, film, media and gaming industries; banking, social networking, government, healthcare, and educational institutions have a mobile presence making the mobile industry one of those with the greatest potential for career growth and entrepreneurship.
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
- Mobile development
- Mobile technology education and training
- Web development
- Further study
On this course you will study four core units:
- Mobile Application Design and Development: This unit is an introductory unit which will help students gain relevant knowledge and skills in order to design, implement and evaluate native mobile applications.
- Web Asset and Application Development: This unit is an introductory unit which will help students gain relevant knowledge and skills in order to design, implement and evaluate database driven mobile web application.
- Masters Application of Creative Technologies: This is a student driven project focusing on creating either a web based or native mobile phone application.
- Professional, Academic and Research Development: This unit's focus is to develop the critical, empirical and communication skills needed to underpin Master's level study and effectively plan, manage and execute research or creative industry focused projects.
You will experience a variety of teaching through lectures, seminars, tutorials, laboratory sessions and project work.
Assessment is 100% coursework based which will be a combination of individual projects and group projects.
On completing this course, you will be equipped to seek employment where you can foster your mobile development skills. This course will be a suitable route to roles within the media industry, gaming industry, banking, social networking, government, healthcare, and educational institutions. Our previous graduates have successfully found employment as web developer / designer / programmer for traditional computers as well as mobile phones.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 023 9284 5566