A good honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. Other applicants may be admitted and will undertake a programme of preparatory reading and submit a written paper in order to confirm ability to study at postgraduate level.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
If you're currently working in an educational role and want to develop your leadership and management skills – and get a qualification that'll help you fulfil your career ambitions – this course is for you.
On our Educational Leadership and Management course, offered as a MSc, PgDip, PgCert, you'll learn about leadership strategy, decision-making in education, and human resource management. And whether you're a teacher, social and healthcare worker, police trainer, nurse or youth worker, you'll build on your previous skills, studies and experience and develop your expertise, theories and techniques to postgraduate level.
Once you graduate, you'll have developed the skills and knowledge to take on new responsibilities in educational leadership and management, and to seek out ambitious new roles.
You can study on campus or through distance learning, and full or part-time while you continue to work. If you're not already working in education, please take a look at our MA Education Studies course.
- Learn the key themes in current research and professional practice, through a combination of lectures, seminars, group work and presentations
- Be taught be experts who bring their enthusiasm to the classroom, including a personal tutor who will guide you in your studies
- Apply what you learn in your current workplace, to ensure that your learning is meaningful and professionally relevant
- Stay connected to your lecturers through our online virtual learning environment
- Write a dissertation based on your chosen area of interest (MSc only)
- Have 24/7 access to our university library
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your leadership and management skills to work in the education industry.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
The course is ideal for teachers, educational trainers, lecturers and instructors across the educational sector, who aspire to senior leadership and management positions. Many graduates move on to senior management positions in educational organisations.
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 023 9284 5566