A second-class honours degree in a Social Sciences, Business, Law or other relevant subject, or the subject specialism and professional experience of a qualified teacher now wishing to pursue the MSc Educational Leadership & Management. Applicants with pre-existing Masters credits will be considered for RPL depending on the direct relevance of prior study to the MSc Educational Leadership and Management course.
Months of entry
Get valuable sector experience and earn a Master's qualification on this 2-year MSc Educational Leadership and Management (with Professional Experience) degree.
During year 1, you'll study with us at University, learning how to rethink the practices of leadership and management in education. Alongside other students, industry specialists and our expert academics, you'll debate the big issues affecting the sector, such as school reform, policies and spending, and child development. You'll hone the critical perspectives you'll need to come up with fresh approaches to common challenges, such as accessibility, classroom management and budgeting.
In your second year, you'll apply your studies on an educational work placement, developing your management skills in a school or college, or within a setting such as early years, SEN or pupil referral.
You'll graduate with first-hand experience and the objective mindset needed to succeed as an educational leader. You'll be ready to take on senior management roles that improve the delivery of teaching and education for all.
- Work for 12 months in an educational setting, such as a school, sixth form or independent training provider, applying your learning and building a professional network
- Learn to critique the hierarchies, structures and practices within education, exploring the gaps in a given argument in order to find new approaches
- Benefit from the rich industry knowledge and experience of teaching staff, and get theoretical knowledge and professional know-how on this industry led course
- Use the skills you acquire to ready yourself for promotion to senior leadership, change jobs or take your career overseas
- Debate and network with industry professionals from the education sector, guest lecturers and other students through events, lectures, seminars and social media channels
Careers and Opportunities
A leadership role in education gives you the potential to be a 'leader of learning'. You'll be able to impart your vision, mission and values to all you work with. That includes teachers, support colleagues, governors, children and parents/carers.
This Master's in Educational Leadership and Management (with Professional Experience) will spark new perspectives and prepare you to tackle common problems affecting everyone in the education sector and beyond.
You'll develop the skills and experience that make an effective, open-minded leader in education. You can seek out ambitious job roles and take on new responsibilities in educational leadership and management across school, college and higher education settings. Or explore other fields, such as marketing, recruitment and policy-making.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- University Admissions Centre
- +44 (0)23 9284 5566