This course is available to Applicants with current registration with the Dental Council, or equivalent Professional body to practice dentistry clinically. Students who have previously achieved the PgDip in Advanced Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry are able to apply to the MSc to complete the final research year.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
This one-year distance learning MSc in Advanced Restorative Dental Therapy is tailor-made to boost your clinical career. Distance learning lets you minimise the time you spend away from family and practice, as you top-up your existing PGDip (or equivalent) to a full Master’s qualification.
This is a comprehensive way to deepen your knowledge of aesthetic and restorative dentistry. You’ll evaluate studies and technological innovations, and produce a unique piece of research linked to your own practice.
Advanced knowledge and clinical skills will give you a new professional edge. Reflecting on your practice will make you a particularly insightful and perceptive specialist.
Along the way, you’ll get expert guidance from researchers and clinicians at a University that is helping to shape the dental industry’s future.
The combination of clinical rigour and research innovation aligned to your interests means this MSc can open up a range of rewarding career possibilities. You'll gain credentials as an advanced practitioner, everywhere UK qualifications are recognised.
- Gain the skills and confidence to treat more complex cases
- Learn professional research methods and apply them to a clinical area of your choice, to deepen your knowledge and specialist capabilities
- Build your confidence in practice and research with support and guidance from dedicated supervisors
- Enrich your expertise by exchanging ideas with a global team of clinicians and researchers in dental public health, dental education and clinical innovation
- Make an original contribution to knowledge in the field of aesthetic and restorative dentistry through your dissertation project, adding your voice to the conversation on dental practice advancement
- Explore options for career progression by networking with experienced registered clinicians
- Save time and money: study in your own time, from anywhere in the world, at a course cost that is highly competitive
Careers and opportunities
A Master’s from a General Dental Council (GDC) accredited Dental Academy helps you stand out in the global jobs market. As a clinician graduate of this course, you’ll have the skills and expertise to develop your career in a range of rewarding directions.
You’ll demonstrate the ability to critically assess scientific and technological innovations in dentistry. As well as improving individuals’ oral health, you’ll be able to enhance collective knowledge across the field of aesthetic and restorative dentistry.
What’s more, you'll have developed skills that are valued beyond the clinical environment – from communication and teamwork, to project management and critical thinking.
In developing your career, you might choose to:
- broaden your clinical offer to include restorative dental therapy at an advanced level
- build an advanced practice as a specialist dedicated to restorative dental therapy
- become a professional dental researcher, for example at a product manufacturer or government agency
- pursue further study and research, such as MPhil or PhD
- enter academia and educate future generations of dental professionals
- use your new knowledge in an expert role with an accreditation agency, insurance company or healthcare service provider
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- University Admissions Centre
- +44 (0)23 9284 5566