A good honours degree in a Health or Science subject, or work experience at a senior level in a global or public health role. Other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
This course in Dementia in Health and Social Care will provide you with in-depth, evidence based knowledge of best practice in dementia care.
We know that people living with dementia have on average, three-or-more additional long-term or lifelimiting conditions, and are therefore a prominent patient population in health and social care organisations.
It's estimated that 850,000 people in the UK are living with dementia and this is expected to increase to more than a million by 2025, and more than two million by 2050. This is partly due to the ageing population.
The course is underpinned by the Tier 3 learning outcomes created by Health Education England and will therefore focus on the biopsychosocial aspects of dementia, evidence based approaches to support people with dementia, law and ethics in dementia care and strategies to support families who are facing dementia.
- Developed in consultation with Portsmouth Hospital University NHS Trust, course material's are informed by the reality of clinical practice
- Learn from academic staff who have a background in mental health nursing, or are dementia specialists, and from course materials that draw from the the latest research
Careers and Opportunities
This course will help you develop your knowledge and confidence as a health and social care practitioner specialising in dementia care so you can progress into leadership and management roles.
After this course you could go into roles such as:
- Policy development
- Service manager
- Specialist care worker
After this course you could go on to work for:
- The NHS
- Local authorities
- Private sector healthcare providers
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- Credit Bearing Short Course
- part time6 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 02392 845566