Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A second-class honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. Exceptionally, equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications will be considered.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
Business is now conducted on a global scale. If you want to be among the next generation of business leaders, you need to adapt accordingly, communicating effectively over, national, social and cultural boundaries.
This Business Communication for International Leadership Master's degree course gives you the tools for conducting successful high-level business in an international setting. You'll develop your business leadership and communication skills while learning about working effectively in different cultural contexts.
When you graduate you'll be ready to work internationally in managerial and leadership positions, in areas such as marketing, international banking, human resource management, public relations, sustainability management, stakeholder management, logistics, and distribution management.
This course is designed for non-native speakers (for applicants whose first language is not English). If you are a UK student, you can apply if English is not your first language.
What you'll experience
On this Business Communication for International Leadership Master's, you'll:
- Develop skills in areas vital for business success, including change management, stakeholder management, reputation management, employee relations, sustainability, strategy, and managing diversity
- Learn to engage effectively with international stakeholders
- Develop your language, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills so you can engage effectively in dialogue and negotiations across international boundaries
- Cover key leadership theories and management principles and learn how to apply them in practice in an international context.
- Learn how to understand and address cross-cultural differences, so you can lead a diverse, international workforce effectively
- Immerse yourself in current industry practice by engaging with experts during your studies, through guest lectures, interviews and discussion forums with industry personnel and practitioners
Transferable skills you'll develop include:
- Critical thinking
- Negotiation techniques
- Presentation skills
Work experience and career planning
We can support you in looking for volunteer or part-time work experience while studying. This helps you to apply and further develop what you learn on the course and give your CV a boost.
Our Careers and Employability service can help you find positions in over 200 local and national organisations, including:
- Local theatres
- Prison services
- Adult social care
- IT support services
We've created business relationships with many organisations for student volunteering opportunities in the past. These include:
- Mary Rose Museum
- The Royal Navy
- Portsmouth Mediation Service
- Portsmouth City Council
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- British Heart Foundation
- Spurgeons Children's Charity
Careers and opportunities
After you graduate, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from the Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
When you graduate, you'll have a highly sought after skillset and could work in areas such as:
- Public relations
- Social enterprise
- Management consultancy
- Human resources
- Logistics and distribution
Because of the course's focus on leadership and management, roles you could aspire to include:
- Head of corporate marketing
- Public relations specialist
- Sales director
- Management consultant
- HR manager
- Director of public engagement
- Global sustainability manager
You could also continue your studies at PhD level or set up a business with help and support from the University's Careers and Employability service.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions team