A second-class honours degree or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
Corporate governance is a crucial part of corporate performance and accountability, and professionals in this field are in demand across all sectors of industry. If you want to advance your career by developing your knowledge and understanding of corporate governance, risk and compliance, then this course will help you achieve your goals.
This LLM Corporate Governance and Law/Grad ICSA degree course is designed for law and non-law graduates, practising lawyers and business professionals. You'll be eligible, after you graduate, for the GradICSA qualification from ICSA (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators), and if you have relevant work experience you may also be able to apply for ACIS status (Associate in the Chartered Institute of Secretaries).
This course is available to study on either a full-time or part-time basis. Graduates of subjects other than law will undertake a compulsory module to introduce them to some core principles of English law.
What you'll experience
- choose between full-time or part-time study, according to your commitments
- learn the key elements of good corporate governance, and the key elements of corporate law
- graduate with an ICSA recognised qualification
- learn in a flexible environment which includes web, email and telephone access to many facilities
- have the opportunity to take advantage of our close relationship with ICSA and our alumni network, and benefit from our mentoring service with members of the legal profession
- learn from our expert staff through a combination of lectures, group problem solving, discussion, debate and independent study
- have the option to study towards a Certificate of Training in 'Blueprint', the web-based product from ICSA Software International
- have 24/7 access to our Library’s selection of electronic resources, including books, ejournals and newspapers
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies – and you'll have the opportunity to participate in our professional mentoring programme.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your corporate governance skills to work.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
When you graduate from this course, you'll have a thorough knowledge of corporate governance issues and the skills and confidence to advance your career.
If you choose to work as a chartered secretary, you can enter senior roles in a number of industries, in both the private and public sectors. Your qualification will give you international recognition, and you'll have the opportunity to work overseas.
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
This course is accredited by the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 023 9284 2991