- A degree (other than speech pathology) in fields such as health, education, social, biological or physical sciences or humanities.
- Prerequisites in statistics and a course in one of: linguistics, psychology, or physiology, with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0.
- Entry is competitive based on GPA. The GPA required for entry has ranged from 4.83 to 5.58 over the last 3 years and it will vary from year to year.
Additional application requirements
- There is a quota of 10 international places available.
- Offers will be made to applicants with the highest academic rank.
- This program may have inherent requirements that need to be met prior to undertaking placement.
CRICOS Code: 002057M International students must undertake this program on campus at UQ on a full time basis to be eligible to apply for an Australian student visa. Please contact UQ International.
IELTS overall 7; reading 7; writing 7; listening 7; speaking 8. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ.
How to apply
Applications must be lodged through UQ International.
To commence study in semester 2 - February 28 of the year of commencement.
This program is eligible for Streamlined Visa Processing. Please check your country's category with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
Months of entry
This program equips graduate entry students with the theoretical knowledge, professional attributes, and clinical and research skills necessary for professional careers in speech pathology.
In addition to focusing on clinical speech pathology practice, students' prior skills and knowledge are examined to enhance effectiveness of their clinical practice and to allow ongoing professional development.
Fees and funding
Indicative annual fees are calculated on the basis of two full-time semesters only. Actual annual fees may vary in accordance with your choices of majors and electives and whether you study in Summer Semester. Tuition fees are indexed each year. The indexation rate is fixed 18 months in advance of a particular academic year thereby allowing you to plan your finances ahead of time. The University's intent is that fee rate increases will be kept to a minimum and that indexation rates will remain stable wherever possible. Since 2007 the indexation rate has remained at or less than 4%.Additional costs
- Students are expected to fund travel and living expenses associated with placements, some of which may be outside the Brisbane metropolitan area.
- Senior First Aid Certificate (including CPR) (approx $155)
- A clinical uniform shirt is required and may be purchased from the School.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UQ International
- +61 3 8676 7004