You are normally required to obtain a good first or second class honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK).
Months of entry
- Gain a deeper understanding of economic fundamentals, and the origins and likely long-term consequences of contemporary economic policies
- Learn how to apply rigorous economic analysis to deepen our understanding of the past
- Compare economic growth and living standards across space and time using quantitative and qualitative approaches to historical data
- Make an original contribution to our understanding of past economies through your research dissertation
- Interdisciplinary focus and opportunity to work with academics across the University, including from Archaeology, Classics, Economics, Henley Business School, History, and Law
Economics at Reading
Established more than 45 years ago, the Department of Economics built its reputation as a world-leading centre for teaching and research in international business.
Our academic staff include world experts in the various fields of economics, with research expertise spanning areas such as econometrics, macroeconomics, business economics, banking and finance, development economics, emerging markets, and spatial and housing economics. We rank 16th in the UK for research overall within Business and Management Studies in the Research Excellence Framework, 2014.
We offer a leading range of postgraduate programmes reflecting the changing global economic environment. Our strong focus on applied research means that we emphasise the policy implications of our research findings.
We also encourage you to look beyond the headlines and understand the forces shaping our world today. You will graduate with knowledge of recent developments in the global economy and how these are linked with changes at the national and international level.
We are proud of our friendly and inclusive international community.
Information for international students
Applicants require an IELTS score of 7.0 overall with no element less than 6.0 (or equivalent).
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team