You are normally required to have a good undergraduate honours degree (2:2) (or equivalent from a university outside the UK) in environmental science, earth/geoscience, chemistry, biology, geography, agriculture or a related field. Applications from those with no first degree but who have previous experience may also be considered.
Months of entry
* Gain a thorough understanding of the key principles of environmental science that underpin the assessment and management of contaminated and polluted environments
* Take core modules dedicated to providing a solid understanding of the impact of pollution
* Develop skills useful to a career in environmental consultancy, contaminated land management and remediation
* Take advantage of modern laboratories and facilities
* Participate in world-leading fieldwork and research
About the Department
Environmental Sciences at Reading
Choose from a distinctive range of master’s programmes and actively engage with the University’s world-leading archives and special collections.
Our master’s teaching at the University of Reading is highly rated for its friendliness and expertise. You will be taught in small groups, with lecturers and professors leading discussion and giving lectures. There are three teaching terms, and assessment is by essays and a dissertation written over the summer. You will be given an expert supervisor for your dissertation, who will meet with you for a number of one-to-one advice sessions.
Our master’s are taught programmes, but they also provide appropriate research training for those going on to PhDs. As part of this, you will actively engage with the University’s world-leading archives and special collections.
As a master’s student in this thriving and dynamic Department, you will be welcomed at a number of special events, including research seminars and guest lectures. We have concentrated expertise in early modern studies, Samuel Beckett, children’s literature, and writing and publishing history.
Information for international students
IELTS: 6.5 overall with no element less than 5.5 (or equivalent)
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Globall Recruitment Team