You are normally required to have a good undergraduate honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK) plus grade C or above in GCSE mathematics and English or equivalent. You will need to have spent some time observing practice in a maintained secondary school, pass the Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) skills tests and undertake a criminal record and occupational health check.
Months of entry
* Has a reputation for its consistent excellence, taught in first class facilities through a series of practical seminars and workshops
* Taught by staff with national and international reputations as experts in the field of drama in education
* Assignments are designed to help you to plan your teaching effectively and imaginatively and to evaluate your skills, particularly in terms of the quality of learning achieved by pupils
* Addresses all aspects of secondary drama including specialist expertise in areas such as devising, teaching texts and key practitioners, theatre history and drama as a method of addressing subjects and issues across the curriculum
Education at Reading
Our Institute of Education is an established leading provider of high-quality training and research in education. In the most recent Research Excellence Framework assessment (2014), 80% of our research was rated as world leading or internationally excellent, with a global impact on educational policy and practice.
Our passion for transforming lives through education is at the heart of our commitment to developing caring, reflective, professional educational practitioners. Our networks and the impact of our work are both local and global. Locally, we have well-established partnerships with over 300 schools, which we work closely with to train the next generation of outstanding teachers. Globally, our research, consultancy and other projects extend to countries as varied as China, Jamaica, the USA and Singapore.
At master’s level, we offer a broad range of courses including a flexible MA Education with specialised pathways; certificates in Early Years Practice, Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) and Reflective Practice; and an extensive range of teacher training courses with first-rate placements. Additionally, we co-deliver an MA English Language Education course with Guangdong University of Foreign Studies.
Information for international students
IELTS: 6.5 overall with no element less than 5.5 (or equivalent).
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time10 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team