You are normally required to have a good undergraduate honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK) related to biological science, such as biomedical sciences, biological sciences, biochemistry or microbiology.
Months of entry
* Provides you with a broad overview of the molecular and cellular causes and treatments of human diseases
* Develop a practical and theoretical understanding of the most important topics in molecular medicine
* Gain hands-on training in research techniques such as confocal microscopy, flow cytometry, cloning, _in situ_ hybridisation and bioinformatics
* Learn to apply your skills to industry relevant challenges
About the Department
Biological Sciences at Reading
Learn from enthusiastic and friendly academics with a real passion for their subject. You will be able to draw on their experience, gained from years of teaching and research in both biomedical and evolutionary biology/ecology.
We emphasise cross-disciplinary and quantitative approaches to research. Our interests span the broad scope of modern biology, from individual molecules to global biodiversity and sustainability.
As a student in our School, you will benefit from access to our outstanding research and teaching facilities. These include the Cole Museum of Zoology and the Herbarium, which contain over 4,000 zoological specimens and around 300,000 plant specimens.
Additionally, we have a range of modern, well-equipped laboratories. These include automated DNA sequencers and real-time PCR machines for molecular work; a state-of-the-art imaging suite with confocal and super-resolution microscopes; dedicated microbiology laboratories for the study of bacteria and viruses; excellent computing facilities for computer-intensive work in phylogenetics, bioinformatics, protein structure, evolution and population biology; and controlled environment suites for the study of invertebrates and plants.
Information for international students
IELTS: 6.5 overall with no element less than 5.5 (or equivalent).
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team