You are normally required to have a good first or second class honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK).
Months of entry
* Gives you a thorough introduction to the principal ideas employed in the study of world politics
* Develops an understanding of contemporary global challenges and equips you to analyse them critically
* Freedom to tailor the programme to suit your research interests
* Specialist research dissertation in consultation with an expert supervisor
* Suitable for graduates from any discipline
About the Department
Study with academics who have personal experience of public policy, government departments and international organisations, or of working as advisers to government.
You will benefit from the high level of our research, which has been recognised worldwide by visiting professorships at leading universities. We were ranked within the top 10 in the UK for research intensity in the latest national assessment. Our research is cited regularly as well as translated into other languages.
Seminars are taught in small groups, giving you maximum exposure to leading scholars. Leading practitioners contribute to the programmes as guest speakers. We also have close relationships with other departments with converging interests in international relations, strategic studies, wars and their origins, public policy, and the resolution of conflicts.
 Research Excellence Framework, 2014.
Information for international students
IELTS: 6.5 overall with no element less than 5.5 (or equivalent).
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||37|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||38|
|Dissertation||25 (13,000-15,000 words)|
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team