Suitable For A wide range of health professionals including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, strength and conditioning coaches, complementary therapists, reflexologists, osteopaths and nurses. Supporting Information and Personal statement if you are applying through NHS North West CPD-Apply Supporting information: You should include details of your current post and role and previous study at level 6/ 7 Personal statement: Please outline the reasons why you wish to undertake this module. Accreditation for Prior Experiential Learning (APEL): We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience or the ability to pursue the course successfully. The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count. The APL process can be used for entry onto courses or to give you exemptions from parts of your course. Two forms of APL may be used for entry: the Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) or the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
Months of entry
3 good reasons to study Clinical Diagnostics - Single module at Salford:
- Evaluate the role of measurement in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a range of disorders
- Apply measurement and advanced research theories to complex clinical scenarios
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary learning environment.
You can take this course as a single module for continuing professional development or as part of MSc Advancing Physiotherapy course.
This module will explore:
- Clinical decision-making tools
- Clinical test analysis
- Gait analysis/force plate
- Bloods investigations/blood markers
- Isokinetics; muscle testing, interpretation and clinical application
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Cardio-respiratory measurement
- Qualitative measurement tools
- Research principles, including law and ethics
- Clinical research techniques: research design, data collection and analysis, statistical analysis
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you must provide evidence of proficiency in English - IELTS 6.5 band score or above are proof of this
Fees and funding
Applying for postgraduate Health and Social Care single modules
All applications for post qualifying heath and social care modules are made directly to the University.
North West SHA-SLA funded applications
If your Trust is part of the North West SHA-SLA agreement, contact your CPD Lead to agree funding. You must then apply through the NHS CPD Apply system: www.cpd-applynw.nhs.uk
Self funded applications
If you are self funding a programme of study or single module, please complete the appropriate application form and send directly to the University.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Service
- +44 (0) 161 295 4545
- +44 (0) 161 295 4646