An upper second class honours degree in psychology or other health/social care related discipline, e.g. counselling, health sciences, nursing or an honours degree (in any discipline) (2.2 or above) and a diploma in Counselling or it's UKCP or BPS equivalent. In addition applicants are required to have achieved 12 months mental health related work experience and be currently working/volunteering in practice. Supporting Information and Personal statement if you are applying through NHS North West CPD-Apply Supporting information: You should include details of your current post and role and previous study at level 6/ 7 Personal statement: Please outline the reasons why you wish to undertake this module. Suitable For Anyone who wants to use CBT with people who have physical health issues.
Months of entry
3 good reasons to study Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Physical Health - Single module at Salford:
- Taught by creative subject experts who are engaged in cognitive behavioural practice
- Useful for people who work in a physical care environment who want to enhance the psychological elements of care
- It is useful as CPD for people who are already trained in CBT
This module explores:
- The theoretical and evidence-based introduction to using CBT with clients who have physical health conditions and those who require chronic disease self-management
- The use of CBT, enabling you to work specifically with clients who require chronic disease self-management
- Therapeutic skills for assessing and managing medically unexplained symptoms
- Effectiveness of CBT interventions for physical health problems and medically unexplained symptoms.
Applying for postgraduate Health and Social Care single modules
All applications for post qualifying heath and social care modules are made directly to the University.
Fees and funding
North West SHA-SLA funded applications
If your Trust is part of the North West SHA-SLA agreement, contact your CPD Lead to agree funding. You must then apply through the NHS CPD Apply system: www.cpd-applynw.nhs.uk
Self funded applications
If you are self funding a programme of study or single module, please complete the appropriate application form and send directly to the University.
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||100|
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Service
- +44 (0) 161 295 4545
- +44 (0) 161 295 4646