An honours degree - normally 2.2 or above, preferably in a health related subject An equivalent academic or professional qualification from the UK or elsewhere We welcome applications from students with alternative qualifications and/or significant relevant experience, subject to approval through a process of Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) Supporting Information and Personal statement if you are applying through NHS North West CPD-Apply Supporting information: You should include details of your current post and role and previous study at level 6/ 7 Personal statement: Please outline the reasons why you wish to undertake this module. Suitable For Qualified health and social care professionals looking to develop their understanding and knowledge of communicable diseases.
Months of entry
3 good reasons to study Communicable Diseases - Single module at Salford:
- The main communicable diseases, their transmission and control
- The importance of infectious diseases in public health
- Delivered by staff who are experts in their field
You can take this course as a single module for continuing professional development or as part of MSc Public Health
The module will consider to what extent alternative theories account for how infectious diseases are transmitted, become endemic or epidemic. It will examine alternative approaches to the control of each type of infectious disease and consider how to apply them in case studies.
- Infectious diseases, transmission and epidemiology
- Air-borne microbial diseases
- Diseases transmitted by direct contact non-sexual
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Parasitic diseases and zoonotic diseases
- Diagnosis, detection and treatment approaches
- Sanitation, water quality, environment and disease
- Developed vs developing countries: policy responses
- Emergent and re-emergent infectious diseases: policy responses
Fees and funding
Applying for postgraduate Health and Social Care single modules
All applications for post qualifying heath and social care modules are made directly to the University.
North West SHA-SLA funded applications
If your Trust is part of the North West SHA-SLA agreement, contact your CPD Lead to agree funding. You must then apply through the NHS CPD Apply system: www.cpd-applynw.nhs.uk
Self funded applications
If you are self funding a programme of study or single module, please complete the appropriate application form and send directly to the University.
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||100|
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Service
- +44 (0) 161 295 4545
- +44 (0) 161 295 4646