This course is open to UK nurses and other health and social care professionals as well as those working at different levels, within a range of service delivery milieu. This course would be of use to any professional involved in caring for patients who may be approaching the end of life (usually last 6 to 12 months) in any setting.
Months of entry
3 good reasons to study Palliative and End of Life Care at Salford:
- Taught by a team of lecturers with a strong clinical background in caring for seriously ill and dying patients
- Access to advanced “Hi Fidelity” simulation laboratories in order to explore the clinical as well as theoretical applications of end of life care
- Strong links and close collaboration with local clinical providers of palliative and end of life care ensuring our teaching reflects real life situations
This course aims to explore the often complex nature of health and social care at the end of life.
The course critically explores the place death and dying holds in our society and identifies the physical, spiritual and psychosocial impact of life limiting illness. It examines the contemporary systems and approaches to the care of those approaching the end of life and the scope and nature of professional and lay approaches to caring for individuals and families.
Through innovative student centered approaches to teaching and learning, the course encourages personal reflection on practice and encourages a proactive problem solving approach to many of the challenges faced in delivering end of life care.
Depending on the number of credits you accrue, you can exit with a Postgraduate Certificate or a Postgraduate Diploma.
- PgCert (60 credits)
- PgDip (120 credits)
Information for international students
You may need to obtain an ATAS Certificate before you come to the UK in order for you to comply with Home Office regulations. Please refer to your offer conditions.
Fees and funding
Part-time £2,625 for year 1
Part-time £2,675 for year 1
You should also consider further costs which may include books, stationery, printing, binding and general subsistence on trips and visits.
Scholarships and Bursaries
We offer awards to help you study through our:
- Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship
- University of Salford student loyalty discount
- Country bursary scheme for International students only
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||100|
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 295 4545
- +44 (0) 161 295 4646