Applicants should possess at least a UK lower second class honours degree (2:2) or equivalent. This Masters programme will appeal not only to those with backgrounds in environmental subjects (such as environmental science, geography, geology and earth sciences and oceanography) but also to those with a background in other sciences (such as physics and biology) or engineering who wish to develop their skills in an environmental context. Suitable For: This course is ideally suited to students who wish to enter or are already employed in environment sector roles such as consultants, environmental managers, Government, and national and multinational businesses. The course also provides an excellent foundation for those wishing to undertake postgraduate research. Applicant profile: The course is equally suited to new graduates and those already in employment. Students will need a willingness to study across traditional disciplinary boundaries and to develop a range of professional skills in addition to environmental modelling expertise.
Months of entry
3 good reasons to study Environmental Modelling at Salford:
- Maximise your employability potential by developing environment-sector knowledge and skills that employers want
- Develop the interdisciplinary expertise that will enable you to excel in your career
- Extend your network of contacts by working on projects in both an academic and business context
Information for international students
International and EU students must provide evidence of proficiency in English- IELTS 6.0 band score (with no element below 5.5) or above are proof of this.
Fees and funding
Full Time: £5,950
Full Time International: £12,800
Full Time: £6,070
Full Time International: £13,050
You should also consider further costs which may include books, stationery, printing, binding and general subsistence on trips and visits.
Scholarships and Bursaries
We offer awards to help you study through our:
- Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship
- University of Salford student loyalty discount
- Country bursary scheme for International students only
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 295 4545