Normally a minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent or successful completion of the Graduate Certificate International Management. A wide range of professional qualifications are also accepted either in partial or complete fulfilment of entry requirements. Where a student has gained a recognised Honours degree but does not meet the normal entry qualification requirement, they may still be considered for entry if they can demonstrate relevant work experience of a minimum two years duration post study and acceptable level of responsibility. This programme is suitable for those who do not necessarily have a background in business or business-related studies, and who wish to develop their knowledge of social business, sustainability and marketing. This course is also ideal if you are passionate about working in the third sector, and is also highly recommended if you are already working in this sector and want to further your career. Applicant profile: Social businesses are renowned for their innovative ideas and their enthusiasm towards solving social problems. Therefore, you should be creative and enthusiastic about helping society to become a better place. This programme will also suit you if you are a self-starter, flexible and willing to work as part of a team.
Months of entry
January, November, September, July, June, March
3 good reasons to study Social Business and Sustainable Marketing at Salford:
- Gain specialist knowledge around social enterprise and sustainability to become the social business leaders of tomorrow
- Learn to develop creative and original solutions to address key social problems
- Opportunity to take a live Business Innovation Project and prepare you for a career in social businesses
This programme will increase participants’ knowledge and understanding of national and international social business models and sustainable marketing functions. More specifically, it aims to achieve the following:
- Develop the effectiveness of the individual as a social business manager capable of operating in national and international environments, thus enhancing their attractiveness to a potential employer.
- Develop an integrated and critical understanding of the social business and sustainable marketing functions and their place in the development of effective organisational strategies in both commercial and non-commercial sectors.
- Develop critical awareness of the role of marketing in relation to social business, sustainability and marketing ethics.
- Develop participants’ ability to work on their own and with others, in systematically and creatively applying knowledge of theory and practice to resolving societal/sustainable marketing problems faced by organisations in commercial and non-commercial sectors.
Information for international students
Normally IELTS 6.5 with no individual element below 5.5, or equivalent recognised Secure English Language Test, (SELT).
Fees and funding
Type of Study Fee Full-time £6,995 Part-time £1,295 per 30 credits Full-time International MSc £11,995; PgDip £8,195; PgCert £4,195 Full-time PgDip £4,695 Full-time PgCert £2,495
Type of Study Fee Full-time £7,500 Part-time £1,250 per 30 credits Full-time International £13,300, part-time £2,217 per 30 credits Full-time PgDip £5,000 Full-time PgCert £2,500
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Types of assessment include: essays, assignments, case studies, exams, online tests, group reports and portfolio work.||100|
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 295 4545
- +44 (0) 161 295 4646