Applicants should possess at least a UK lower second class honours degree (2:2) or equivalent in any subject. This course is for students from diverse backgrounds who wish to enhance their career prospects in environmental and public health in local authorities, the NHS, the voluntary sector or private companies. We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience or the ability to pursue the course successfully. The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count. The APL process can be used for entry onto courses or to give you exemptions from parts of your course. Two forms of APL may be used for entry: the Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) or the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
Months of entry
3 good reasons to study Environmental and Public Health at Salford:
- Recognised by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) as having cognate degree status
- Gain the knowledge required for the UK Voluntary Register of Public Health Specialists
- Vocational course with applied learning and input from visiting practitioners
This course provides an opportunity for interdisciplinary postgraduate study of environmental and public health for students from diverse backgrounds and to enable you to develop the knowledge and skills necessary in modern Environmental Public Health (EPH) practice.
In particular the successful completion of the course will enable you to cope with rapid social, technological and organisational change through promoting an understanding of relevant concepts. The course also develops your critical and analytical powers in relation to Environmental Public Health.
The knowledge-base developed through study can assist you to demonstrate the knowledge required for application for entry on the United Kingdom Voluntary Register of Public Health Specialists.
Information for international students
International students must provide evidence of proficiency in English- IELTS 6.0 band score (with no element below 5.5) or above are proof of this.
Fees and funding
Part-time £922 (per 30 credits)
Full-time International £12,800
Full-time PgDip £3,966
Full-time PgCert £1,983
Part-time £1,012 (per 30 credits)
Full-time International £13,050
Full-time PgDip £4,046
Full-time PgCert £2,023
- Field courses - a non refundable deposit of £25 is charged for all residential field courses
- Field trips - students will not be charged for field (day) trips but are expected to provide their own refreshments.
You should also consider further costs which may include books, stationery, printing, binding and general subsistence on trips and visits.
Scholarships and Bursaries
We offer awards to help you study through our:
- Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship
- University of Salford student loyalty discount
- Country bursary scheme for International students only
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 295 4545
- +44 (0)161 295 4646