Entry requirements are those set by MMU:
- Applicants should normally possess a relevant honours degree
- Applicants with an HND and relevant professional experience will be considered on an individual basis
- Alternative qualifications and/or significant experience in a relevant specialized field will also be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
The application of GIS is growing rapidly, which opens up a range of opportunities for graduates of this course.As a UNIGIS student you will be joining an extensive community with representatives in over 30 countries. By selecting from the range of taught modules available in the second year, you will effectively determine which of the four MSc degrees they ultimately be awarded:
- Geographical Information Systems
- Applied Geographical Information Systems
- Geographical Information Technologies.
UNIGIS courses all provide a solid grounding in Geographical Information Systems, Science and Technology, but each has a different focus. Geographical Information Systems provides a broad introduction to the major aspects of contemporary GIS. Applied GIS is focused more on the application of GIS and geographical information in the human and natural environments. Geographical Information Technologies looks at the various technologies that underpin GI solutions.
All UNIGIS programmes are all taught via online, part-time, distance learning, over a period of three years. UNIGIS has a dedicated Virtual Learning Environment through which all course materials are delivered. You will be supplied with specialist GIS software for the practical aspects of the programme you study.
This course is delivered in partnership with Manchester Metropolitan University. Please apply for your place via the UNIGIS UK website.
Information for international students
International applicants will be required to show a proficiency in English. An IELTS score of 6.0 (no element below 5.5) is proof of this.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 295 4545