Entry requirements are those set by MMU: Applicants should normally possess a relevant honours degree Applicants with an HND and relevant professional experience will be considered on an individual basis. Alternative qualifications and/or significant experience in a relevant specialized field will also be considered on an individual basis. The three UNIGIS courses are largely for UK and international graduates already working with GIS who wish to broaden their understanding and further develop their skills. However, those wanting to study GIS in order to change career paths are also catered for, irrespective of prior knowledge of GIS.
Months of entry
3 good reasons to study Geographical Information Systems at Salford:
- UNIGIS UK combines the teaching and research expertise of staff from two UK universities (Salford and Manchester Metropolitan).
- Widely known by employers for being relevant and up to date.
- Flexible course delivery, web-based distance learning part-time, to fit round work commitments
The application of GIS is growing rapidly, which opens up a range of opportunities for graduates of this course.
As a UNIGIS student you will be joining an extensive community with representatives in over 30 countries.
By selecting from the range of taught modules available in the second year, you will effectively determine which of the four MSc degrees they ultimately be awarded:
- Geographical Information Systems
- Applied Geographical Information Systems
- Geographical Information Technologies
This course is delivered in partnership with Manchester Metropolitan University. Pleaseapply for your place via the UNIGIS UK website.
Information for international students
International students must provide evidence of proficiency in English - IELTS 6.5 band score or above are proof of this.
Fees and funding
Distance Learning- Home/EU students: £6,100 for a full Master's degree or PgDip; £3050 for PgCert
International students: £7,600 for a full Master's degree or PgDip; £3800 for PgCert
You should also consider further costs which may include books, stationery, printing, binding and general subsistence on trips and visits.
Scholarships and Bursaries
We offer awards to help you study through our:
- Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship
- University of Salford student loyalty discount
- Country bursary scheme for International students only
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||100|
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 295 4545