Applicants should possess at least a UK lower second class honours degree (2:2) or equivalent in any subject. Applicants must also fulfill the IOSH entry requirements, which require a basic knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health. This course is suitable for occupational health and safety practitioners or managers, enforcement officers and consultants who want to deepen their subject knowledge and enhance their career prospects, as well as those looking to develop a career in occupational safety, health and well-being. We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience or the ability to pursue the course successfully.
Months of entry
3 good reasons to study Occupational Safety, Health and Wellbeing at Salford:
- Satisfies the academic requirements for Graduate Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Improve your career prospects in health, safety and well-being
- Lectures from specialist speakers employed in the sector.
This internationally recognised course has been designed to meet the educational needs created by the ever-increasing challenges facing occupational health and safety practitioners.
The modules have been designed to enable development of the intellectual and analytical skills appropriate for health and safety professionals in the 21st century, and address the risks of disease injury, and the design and manufacture of work equipment and systems.
Information for international students
International and EU students must provide evidence of proficiency in English- IELTS 6.0 band score (with no element below 5.5) or above are proof of this.
Fees and funding
Part-time £992 per 30 credits
Full-time International £12,800
Part-time £1,012 per 30 credits
Full-time International £13,050
- Field courses - a non refundable deposit of £25 is charged for all residential field courses
- Field trips - students will not be charged for field (day) trips but are expected to provide their own refreshments.
You should also consider further costs which may include books, stationery, printing, binding and general subsistence on trips and visits.
Scholarships and Bursaries
We offer awards to help you study through our:
- Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship
- University of Salford student loyalty discount
- Country bursary scheme for International students only
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 295 4545
- +44 (0) 161 295 4646