This programme is aimed at dental practitioners who hold a GDC registrable dental degree or equivalent in their home country and post-qualification experience in hospital service or general dental practice.
Dental practitioners who fulfil the following criteria will be eligible for acceptance onto the programme;
- - evidence of full GDC registration and membership of a professional body (UK employees only) or equivalent in their home country for international applicants
- - evidence of full indemnity insurance
- - evidence of a relevant degree
- - evidence of post-qualification experience in general dental practice or hospital service
- - evidence of completion of recent CPD. The evidence may be presented in a range of formats including certificate of attendance at study days/short courses/published work in the field/signed witness statements/ reflective reports. It should be presented in a portfolio and will be evaluated as part of the admission process.
Months of entry
This course is delivered in partnership with the ICE Postgraduate Dental Hospital and Institute. This partnership will allow you as a student to gain hands on, supervised learning in a highly technical clinical setting at their facility in Salford Quays.
The course is aimed at dental practitioners who hold a GDC registrable dental degree and post-qualification experience in hospital service or general dental practice.
This is a 3-year part time MSc Course, with the opportunity to step off with a Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) after 2 years. Across the first two years, you will study 4 modules, as shown below.
This MSc in Restorative Dentistry is aimed to equip you with core clinical skills and competency in the assessment, management and treatment of patients who have disease of the oral cavity, the teeth or their supporting structures. You will benefit from a combination of clinical support and academic teaching.
This MSc in Restorative Dentistry aims for you to develop:
- - Core knowledge, skills and clinical competencies to assess, manage and treat patients who have diseases of the oral cavity, the teeth and their supporting structures to a high standard, efficiently and safely.
- - To develop, evaluate and demonstrate evidenced-based practice.
- - Knowledge and a critical awareness of current issues in the field of Dentistry.
- - A comprehensive understanding of the principles of research inquiry.
The programme is delivered on a part-time basis only. The PgDip is delivered over two years and consists of four core modules that are each worth 30 credits. To complete the MSc, you must also complete the 60 credit dissertation module in year three.
Information for international students
Students whose first language is not English must possess a current qualification deemed acceptable by the University as evidence of proficiency in the English Language. This qualification must equate to a minimum average score of 6.5 or above (and for each component 6.0 or above) from the Cambridge/British Council English Language Testing Service (IELTS) or alternative examinations as recognised by the University.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- University of Salford
- +44 (0)161 295 4545