You should be a Specialist Registrar in Geriatric or Elderly Medicine.
Months of entry
3 good reasons to study Geriatric Medicine at Salford:
- Complies with the core curriculum of the Royal College of Physicians for Geriatric Medicine
- Delivered off-site on a part-time basis
- Identifies there is more to modern practice than technical medicine
Geriatric medicine is an expanding, acute speciality. With increasing numbers of elderly people the need for specialist training will continue.
This comprehensive course is offered in collaboration with the North Western Postgraduate Medical Deanery and will ensure that the theory underpinning knowledge is delivered alongside and applied to the clinical situation. It meets the needs of clients and physicians and ensures that a quality service is delivered effectively and efficiently. It is a modular course delivered off-site on a part-time, day release basis.
Information for international students
International applicants will be required to show a proficiency in English. An IELTS score of 6.0 (no element below 5.5) is proof of this.
Fees and funding
You should also consider further costs which may include books, stationery, printing, binding and general subsistence on trips and visits.
Scholarships and Bursaries
We offer awards to help you study through our:
- Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship
- University of Salford student loyalty discount
- Country bursary scheme for International students only
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 295 4545
- +44 (0)161 295 4646