Normally an upper-second class honours degree in psychology, media studies or social sciences. Accreditation for Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)- We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience or the ability to pursue the course successfully. The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count. The APL process can be used for entry onto courses or to give you exemptions from parts of your course. Two forms of APL may be used for entry: the Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) or the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
Months of entry
3 good reasons to study Media Psychology at Salford:
- Develop a unique professional profile, applying psychology to understand, develop and predict people's interaction with media
- This is the only dedicated postgraduate course in the UK focussing on the relationships between media and psychology from both academic and professional perspectives
- Based at MediaCityUK - the heart of the region's creative and digital industry
Learn how psychology can be used to understand the interaction of audiences with media.
During you time with us, you will explore the psychological effects of media, how media use can be researched and evaluated, and how to communicate with different audiences across different mediums.
Join a unique learning environment, where you will interact with a multi-disciplinary team of experts in psychology, media and human-interactions.
If you want to pursue a career in the communcations professions or media research, this course will provide you with a unique set of relevant skills.
Information for international students
International students must also provide evidence of proficiency in English - IELTS 6 band score (with no component below 6.0)
Fees and funding
Full-time International £12,800
Full-time PgDip £5,250
Full-time PgCert £2,625
Full-time International £13,050
Full-time PgDip £5,350
Full-time PgCert £2,675
You should also consider further costs which may include books, stationery, printing, binding and general subsistence on trips and visits.
Scholarships and Bursaries
We offer awards to help you study through our:
- Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship
- University of Salford student loyalty discount
- Country bursary scheme for International students only
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 295 4545
- +44 (0)161 295 4646