A good honours degree (2:1 or above) but appropriately experienced applicants will be considered for entry in line with the University’s APL procedure. Suitable for Students progressing from an undergraduate journalism course or media professionals looking for a cutting-edge journalism postgraduate course. You should want to explore concepts, trends and challenges in journalism and related fields of communication. And you should have an interest in the impact of social media on journalism.
Months of entry
3 good reasons to study International and Online Journalism at Salford:
- Study at our state-of-the-art MediaCityUK campus, alongside students from around the world
- Strengthen your CV with work experience opportunities in the UK or abroad
- Explore potential solutions to international multimedia journalistic issues.
In response to rapid changes in the global media market, this course explores:
- how journalism and related methods of mass communication work in countries across the world
- how people access, think about, and value journalism
- the impact of social media on communities and governments through citizen and networked journalism.
During your time with us, you will study at our state-of-the-art campus at MediaCityUK on a full-time or part-time basis. The syllabus combines theory and practice, and you will demonstrate what you have learnt through live briefs and industry work experience. You will also have the opportunity to work on the University’s TV shows and website.
Information for international students
A minimum IELTS score of 7.0 will also be required for non-native English language speakers.
Fees and funding
Part-time £1,314 per 30 credits
Full-time International £10,280
Part-time £1,167 (per 30 credits)
Full-time International £12,500
You should also consider further costs which may include books, stationery, printing, binding and general subsistence on trips and visits.
Scholarships and Bursaries
We offer awards to help you study through our:
- Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship
- University of Salford student loyalty discount
- Country bursary scheme for International students only
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquires
- +44 (0)161 295 4545
- +44 (0) 161 295 4646