A good honours degree (2:1 or above) in a relevant field.
Those applicants not in possession of these entry requirements, but who have amassed practical experience in the cultural and creative sectors, will be considered for entry in line with the University’s APL procedure. Accreditation for Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)- We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience or the ability to pursue the course successfully. The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count. The APL process can be used for entry onto courses or to give you exemptions from parts of your course. Two forms of APL may be used for entry: the Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) or the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
Months of entry
3 good reasons to study Performance at Salford:
- Gain the high-level research, practical and project-development skills valued by employers in the sector
- Become a recognised specialist in your area of expertise
- Develop your research skills and subject knowledge with the support of leading academics on our MediaCityUK campus.
This course is an opportunity to enhance your employment prospects or prepare the ground for further research study at doctoral level.
During your time with us, you will develop high-level research and project-development skills through your studies of three progressively-linked core modules:
- Research Methods and Methodologies
- Formulating Research Projects
- The MRes Research Project.
You will leave us with an excellent knowledge of research practices, techniques and theories. Plus you will put these into practice via an individually-designed and organised major research project in your chosen field.
Information for international students
A minimum IELTS score of 7.0 will also be required for non-native English language speakers.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We offer awards to help you study through our:
- Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship
- University of Salford student loyalty discount
- Country bursary scheme for International students only
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 295 4545
- +44 (0) 161 295 4646