A good honours degree in science, technology or engineering.
Months of entry
About the course
This course is for graduates and established professionals pursuing careers in energy management. We blend theory with hands-on experience, giving you the level of insight and understanding you need to be a great manager. We also cover:
- Industrial applications
- Industry-relevant applications of engineering analysis
- Working in teams
- Independent working and learning
Demand for energy is growing. But the world’s energy resources are limited. To address this, we need to change to the way we use energy and dispose of waste. That’s the focus of our MSc: to produce new generations of managers who are equipped to deal with these challenges.
Take advantage of our expertise
Our teaching is grounded in specialist research expertise. Our reputation for innovation secures funding from industry,
UK research councils, the government and the EU. Industry partners, large and small, benefit from our groundbreaking work addressing global challenges.
You’ll have access to top facilities, including modern social spaces, purpose-built labs, the Harpur Hill Research Station for large-scale work, extensive computing facilities and a modern applied science library. There are high-quality research facilities for sustainable energy processes, safety and risk engineering, carbon capture and utilisation, and biological processes and biomanufacturing.
- Bio-pharmaceutical Bio-processing
- Advanced Bioprocess Design Project
- Advanced Biochemical Engineering
- Applied Biological and Bioprocess Engineering
- Adaptive Decision Making in Professional Engineering Environments
- Managing Engineering Projects and Risk
- Design Innovation Toolbox
- Industrial Marketing: Basics and Cases
- Engineering Marketable Solutions: Make a Change
- The Professional Responsibility of Engineers
- Research Project
- Optional modules
- Low Carbon Science and Technology
- Energy from Biomass and Waste
- Nuclear Reactor Engineering Studies
- Oil and Gas Origins and Utilisation
Information for international students
Overall IELTS 6.5 with 5.5 in each component, or equivalent.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Henriette Jensen
- +44 (0)114 222 8254