A 2:1 honours degree from a good UK university or an equivalent international degree qualification. Your background may be in EEE or any discipline involving significant mathematical competence, including physics, maths and other branches of engineering.
We will also consider your application if you have a 2:2 or equivalent, or industry experience.
Months of entry
This exciting, two year MSc programme is concerned with a wide range of biomedical imaging and sensing science and technology. Biomedical Imaging and Sensing is, in a broad sense, a set of competencies from engineering and sciences to support future quantitative biology and personalised medicine.
It will provide you with theoretical and practical knowledge to develop methods and systems for disease understanding, diagnosis, prognosis and therapeutics where imaging and sensing play a key role.
- Interdisciplinary Seminars in Biomedical Imaging and Sensing
- Mathematics of Imaging Sciences
- Scientific Software Development for Biomedical Imaging
Departmental optional modules
- Advanced Signal Processing
- Computer Vision, Biomedical Signals and Systems
- Physiological Signals and Sensing; Physics of Light Microscopy of Cells and Tissues
- Physics of Medical Imaging with Ionising Radiation
- Physical Principles of Imaging: Radiation-Matter Interaction
- Medical Image Computing
- Biomaging with Light and Sound
- Microscopy Image Analysis
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy
Interdisciplinary optional modules
The programme allows you to explore some elective modules from interdisciplinary domains that relate to anatomy, physiology, cell biology, physics of the senses, and vision and neurosciences, among others.
Teaching and assessment
Research-led teaching from our department, and various interdisciplinary modules from other departments from the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Dentistry.
Individual support for your research project and dissertation.
Assessment is by examination, a project, and coursework in the first year with future examinations and dissertation in your second year.
Information for international students
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Nathan Porter
- +44 (0)114 222 5442