To take one of our MA courses you must have one of the following:
- A 2:1 undergraduate degree (we will consider a 2:2 if we are sufficiently impressed by your potential).
- An alternative qualification approved by the University as degree equivalent.
- Substantial previous work experience in a media-related role.
Months of entry
Messages and viewpoints are all around us at all times. Political parties, institutions, pressure groups, charities and NGOs shape messages to influence public opinion and policymakers. Join us on this degree and you’ll learn about media relations, political marketing and the scope and significance of political communication. You’ll develop skills in communicating with the media (including media training) and using different media outlets to promote ideas through advocacy and lobbying.
We teach a deep critical understanding of key debates around the intersection of the media and public and political communication internationally. So this degree is a good route into PhD study as well as a solid foundation for careers in lobbying, journalism, public relations and more.
Please see our University website for the most up-to-date course information: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/courses
Information for international students
Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Tutor
- +44 (0)114 222 2500