Minimum 2.1 or equivalent in mechanical engineering or a related subject. If you have qualifications in other subjects, or you have relevant professional experience, we’ll consider your application.
Months of entry
Enhance your knowledge and skills in the rapidly developing field of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing) and advanced manufacturing technologies with this MSc course. It's aimed at both new graduates and professional mechanical engineers.
The course has been developed to meet the demands of industry and will expose you to cutting-edge manufacturing techniques and applications. You’ll gain practical experience in research, including training in research methods and management.
There are specialist modules in additive manufacturing, state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies, materials and a broad range of modules in advanced mechanical engineering. You'll carry out a research project on additive manufacturing, working with cutting-edge technologies and relevant industrial sectors. Further optional modules are available, allowing you to customise the course based on your interests or career aspirations.
The investigative MSc project takes place within our internationally renowned Centre for Advanced Additive Manufacturing (AdAM) under the guidance of world-leading academics in this field.
The AdAM centre, with its state-of-the art facilities, carries out research in collaboration with industry in areas of process, material and design for aerospace, automotive and medical sectors.
- Information Management
- Additive Manufacturing – Principles and Applications
- Additive Manufacturing – Principles and Applications 2
- Research Project
- Design Innovation Toolbox
- Engineering Marketable Solutions: Make a Change!
- Aerospace Metals
- Advanced Materials Manufacturing: Part I
- Engineering Composite Materials
- Signal Processing and Instrumentation
- Condition Monitoring
- Advanced Finite Element Modelling
- Advanced Topics in Machining
- Tutorials and example classes
- Interactive workshops
- Group presentation sessions
- Individual research project
- Oral and poster presentations
- Research project report
Information for international students
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Kamran Mumtaz