For graduates, the requirement is that you must be in possession of a professional qualification from a recognised university.
We also welcome non-graduates who possess a professional qualification and can provide evidence that they can study at postgraduate level.
Months of entry
The MA Advanced Professional Practice (MAAPP) has been developed in consultation with local authorities as part of the South Yorkshire Teaching Partnership, to support social work professionals to continue to develop their knowledge and skills as professionally capable, reflective and analytical practitioners.
The course supports professional practice under four strands:
- Leadership and management
- Practice educator
Each module developed for the programme has been mapped against the Government’s reform agenda for social work education, and is compliant with capabilities listed in the Knowledge and Skills Statement (KSS) for Social Workers.
The award you receive will depend upon the number of credits you complete:
- 60 credits - postgraduate certificate
- 120 credits - postgraduate diploma
- The full award will be a Master of Arts Degree in Advanced Professional Practice upon successful completion of 180 credits, which must include the 60 credit dissertation
Teaching is conducted through a combination of:
- Small-group work and problem-solving
Please see our University website for the most up-to-date course information: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/courses
Information for international students
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Tutor
- +44 (0)114 222 6402