- You will have a good (2:2 or above) Bachelor's degree in a related health discipline e.g. nursing, physiotherapy, paramedic science, pharmacy
- A minimum of a grade C in GCSE English Language and Maths or equivalent
- Be a qualified, UK registered healthcare professional, working in the pathway-specific area for a minimum of two years
- Hold a current relevant employment contract in the pathway-specific setting for the duration of the programme for a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Be able to provide evidence of support from a manager and a lead consultant/general practitioner
Months of entry
This course is for experienced, registered health and care practitioners delivering advanced clinical practice, who wish to learn advanced skills in the management of episodes of care for their client group. It can be studied either as a standard masters degree or via an apprenticeship route.
The course encompasses the four pillars of advanced clinical practice, leadership and management, education and research. On successful completion of the course, you’ll demonstrate the core advanced practice capabilities and neonatal clinical competence. The course includes a clinical leadership module, which ensures that service design, delivery and patient safety remain at the forefront of your clinical working.
The course is aimed at neonatal practitioners with extensive neonatal experience. You need to be working within an NHS neonatal unit, be employed in a trainee ANNP post and have the full support of your nurse manager and medical clinical supervisor.
The programme content is delivered by a range of expert practitioners and experienced academics. A dynamic combination of underpinning knowledge and supervised clinical practice will ensure that you have the capabilities to work as an Advanced Clinical Practitioner on successful completion of the programme.
Please see our University website for the most up-to-date course information.
Information for international students
English language requirements
Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Health Sciences School