- have a minimum 2:2 undergraduate honours degree in nursing or midwifery which is regulated by the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- have a minimum of a grade 4/C in GCSE English Language and Maths or equivalent (please upload evidence of this to your application)
- be a qualified, UK-registered healthcare professional, working in the pathway-specific area for a minimum of two years
- hold a current relevant employment contract in the pathway-specific setting for the duration of the programme for a minimum of 30 hours per week
- be able to provide evidence of support from a manager and a lead consultant/general practitioner
Months of entry
This course provides training for expanded primary and secondary care roles that focus on babies, children and young people. It is designed to build on the experience you have from working in paediatrics to become an advanced clinical practitioner in this area. The course can be taken as a standard degree programme or apprenticeship.
You will cover all four pillars of advanced practice: clinical practice, leadership and management, education and research. You will gain advanced skills in anatomy, history taking and clinical examination, develop your understanding of evidence-based practice, learn how to deal with complex clinical situations and improve services, and cover the training necessary to become an independent prescriber.
The programme is designed for working healthcare professionals. It is led by a multidisciplinary team of academics and practitioners who are experienced in supporting mature and distance learners. You will combine your university studies with work-based learning under the supervision of a local mentor who can support and assess your knowledge, skills and capabilities.
Please see our University website for the most up-to-date course information: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/courses
Information for international students
English language requirements
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Health Sciences School
- +44 114 222 2030