Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- You will have a good (2:2 or above) bachelors degree in a related health discipline, for example nursing, physiotherapy, paramedic science, pharmacy
- A minimum of a grade C in GCSE English Language and Maths or equivalent
- Be a qualified UK registered healthcare professional, working in the pathway specific area for a minimum of two years
- Hold a current relevant employment contract in the pathway specific setting for the duration of the programme for a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Be able to provide evidence of support from a manager and a lead consultant/general practitioner
Months of entry
This course is for experienced, registered health and care practitioners delivering advanced clinical practice, who wish to learn advanced skills in the management of episodes of care for their client group. It can be studied either as a standard masters degree or via an apprenticeship route.
Paediatric Advanced Clinical Practitioners (ACPs) work with babies, children, young people (CYP) from 0 to 18 years of age and their families in a range of settings across primary and secondary care. Paediatric ACPs can undertake acute or ongoing assessment of health and social needs, manage children with complex needs and act as senior decision makers.
The course encompasses the four pillars of advanced practice: clinical practice, leadership and management, education and research. On successful completion of the programme, you’ll demonstrate the core advanced practice capabilities and paediatric clinical competence. The course includes a clinical leadership module, which ensures that service design, delivery and patient safety remain at the forefront of your clinical working.
As an ACP, you’ll be a dynamic practitioner making advanced decisions about practice, leadership and management. The programme content is delivered by a range of expert practitioners and experienced academics. A dynamic combination of underpinning knowledge and supervised clinical practice will ensure that you have the capabilities to work as an Advanced Clinical Practitioner on successful completion of the programme.
Please see our University website for the most up-to-date course information.
Information for international students
English language requirements
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Health Sciences School