You will need to be a registered nurse working in a relevant area of practice and have a minimum 2:2 degree in an appropriate subject.
Months of entry
This course equips paediatric nurses with the skills to become future leaders of paediatric nursing practice and to play a pioneering role in multi-disciplinary teams, making pivotal decisions about practice, leadership and management.
A dynamic combination of theory and practice will endow you with the knowledge and skills to develop critical thinking. A mastery of broader contemporary knowledge commensurate with your development as an APNP will prepare you to work effectively across traditional boundaries within the four pillars of advanced practice.
You’ll learn through:
- Small group work
- Clinical instruction
You’ll be assesssed on:
- An observed structured clinical exam
- Short answer exam paper and MCQs (multiple choice questions)
- Independent learning pathway and bespoke skills log
- Health assessments skills inventory with extended health assessment
- Report writing
Please see our University website for the most up-to-date course information: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/courses
Information for international students
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12-60 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Tutor
- +44 114 222 2054