The course is suitable for registered health care professionals with experience of practice. The usual entry requirement is a first degree but if you can show you’ve completed some other type of degree-level study we’ll consider your application.
Months of entry
This course is aimed at busy professionals working in clinical practice and service improvement. It’s designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need advance your career.
The modular framework means you can take a flexible approach, studying part time, for up to five years. You can build your own masters degree as you go, focusing on subjects that are relevant to your area and your own personal needs.
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Methods of Inquiry
Examples of optional modules
- Advanced Renal Nursing Practice
- Advancing Autonomous Practice
- Cancer Pathophysiology and Therapeutics
- Care and Management of the Renal Patient
- Context and Concepts in Advancing Practice
- Living With and Beyond Cancer
- Managing Diabetes as a Long-Term Health Condition
- Managing Heart Failure as a Long-Term Health Condition
- Managing Respiratory Disease as a Long-Term Condition
- Nurse/Midwifery Independent/Supplementary Prescribing
- Recognising and Responding to Patient Deterioration
- Relationship-Centred Dementia Care
- Theorising Dementia and the UK Policy Context
- Palliative and End of Life Care
- Preparation of Supervisors of Midwives;
- Psychosocial Approaches to the Care and Treatment of People with Dementia
Teaching and assessment
You’ll learn through lectures, seminars,
small-group work and clinical instruction,
plus specialist sessions with expert speakers.
The dissertation is by supervised tutorial. Each taught unit is assessed by written assignment, OSCE, presentations or examination. The final unit is an extended project or literature review, leading to a dissertation or workplace study.
- 2-5 years part-time
Information for international students
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component or equivalent.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Mac Macintosh
- +44 (0)114 222 2054