An undergraduate degree. Exceptions would be made if you have considerable working experience in business environments and/or professional qualifications (equivalent to undergraduate level) from these environments. If English is not your first language, you are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English Language at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent.
Months of entry
The MSc Business Psychology provides the opportunity to focus on a range of organisational behaviours and apply psychological theory and practice to key issues that affect the internal and external functioning of organisations. Not only will you learn about the theory and research which exists in business psychology, but you have the chance to apply this to your own working experiences.
The programme offers a psychological perspective to understanding key organisational functions such as leadership, organisational culture, change management, marketing and communications. It is a very practical programme which encourages students to consider the application of psychological research evidence to their own working case studies and workplace interventions for change.
MSc Business Psychology applies to a broad range of sectors and is designed for anyone wishing to understand more about the underpinning psychological research and mechanisms for employees, organisations and business practices.
What you will study;
Certificate Stage (3 modules)
The Certificate stage involves completion of the following module:
- Psychological Theory and Applications in the Workplace: For this module you will draw on the work of classical and contemporary researchers in the field of organisational behaviour. You will explore core themes and concepts in relation to various working environments.
Plus two additional modules from the following:
- Effective Communication within Organisations: On this module you will examine models of communication and some of the barriers to communication which exist in organisations. You will develop and evaluate practical strategies to carry out internal communication audits and accompanying practical interventions based on psychological evidence.
- Developing and Managing External Communication:This module will examine how organisations communicate with many and varied external contacts. You will focus on issues such as advertising and marketing and the psychological impact strategies have on consumer behaviour.
- Leadership in 21st Century Organisations: The changing nature of organisations and the response of leaders to such changes will be studied on this module. You will examine psychological models of leadership and evaluate them in terms of their contribution to approaches to leadership. You will also analyse the language and behaviour of leaders in ensuring effective leader/employee relations.
- Managing Organisational Culture and Change: For this module you will study both internal cultural issues which arise and impact on an organisation and its identity, as well as the relevant psychological processes for managing change in organisations across a range of scenarios and experiences.
- Healthy Organisations
Diploma Stage (3 modules)
The Diploma stage will require you to complete a further two modules from the Certificate stage plus the following:
- Research Methods
- Project Management Skills for use in Organisations
- Dissertation: You will carry out a piece of empirical research within an organisation, or with a working population, where psychological theory and/or interventions are applied.
Information for international students
If you are an International student you must have IELTS 6 or equivalent. Please note, due to the way in which this course is delivered, it is not suitable for international students who require a Tier 4 visa.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiries and Admissions
- +44 (0) 3455 76 77 78